Engine oil cooler development for the 2015 onwards, RHD Mustang GT 5.0
StreetFighter have finished development and are in production of our engine oil cooler upgrade package for the Australian Mustang V8.
The Australian delivered Mustangs have been known to experience external/internal, oil and/or coolant leakage of the standard OEM engine oil cooler.
It seems that in most cases the oil coolers fail without notice or warning. If detected quickly the repair has been as simple as a new engine oil cooler replacement. If not detected the failure could lead to further problems including engine damage and/or failure.
Oil cooler failures, have occurred randomly on completely standard vehicles as well as upgraded vehicles. Also unfortunately, the 2015 onwards Mustang dash does not display oil pressure, which would act as vital tool in monitoring your oil system which could prevent consequent engine failure.
StreetFighter has experienced first-hand an engine oil cooler failure on one of our vehicles, while being tested by Motor Magazine, at this year’s Hot Tuner Event.
(Related article https://www.kpmmotorsport.com.au/kpm-news/motor-magazine-mustang-shootout/ )
The resulting engine failure immediately led us in development of an upgraded engine oil cooler system. Our criteria is to be able to supply our customers a product that will not only increase the oil cooling efficiency over standard, but more importantly eliminate any risk of an engine cooler system failure.
We currently have several StreetFighter development oil cooler systems fitted to our RHD Mustangs. They have performed perfectly over our test period, both on road and race environment.
StreetFighter Engine Oil Cooler Solution
The StreetFighter Engine Oil Cooler Package is a complete upgrade. Designed to completely eliminate the standard OEM oil cooler, therefore removing any chance of failure that could lead to costly engine damage.
StreetFighter oil cooler packages remove/delete the standard oil – water cooler at the engine and replace it with a high efficiency oil – air cooler mounted behind the front grille. The system also incorporates an oil thermostat to ensure the oil temperature is maintained quickly and efficiently.
As well as preventing failures, the StreetFighter Engine Oil cooler Package will ensure that oil temperatures are best maintained in spirited driving and race conditions.
As an added option we also have incorporated the ability to add our StreetFighter Oil Pressure Monitoring Kit.
This includes a high quality, high accuracy oil pressure sensor, wiring, and StreetFighter nGauge. The nGauge can be easily integrated directly to the Mustang dashboard or suction cap mounted if preferred.
The StreetFighter nGauge will display oil pressure as well as your choice of any of the other vital vehicle parameters. It will also data-log, read fault codes, and even store our StreetFighter Performance Tune options should you ever want to increase engine and/or transmission performance.
We expect both the StreetFighter Engine Oil Cooler Package and StreetFighter Oil Pressure Monitoring Kits to be ready for release before the end of 2017.
Pricing soon to be released.
StreetFighter Engine Oil Cooler Package
- Direct fit and specifically designed for the Australian RHD 2015 onwards Ford Mustang GT 5.0
- Standard RHD oil cooler delete manifold with optional oil pressure and oil temp sensor bosses
- Thermostat controlled oil cooler sandwich plate
- Direct fit air-oil, bar and plate oil cooler, mounted behind front grille (Suits N/A and Supercharged)
- Direct fit replacement radiator hose
- Ram air diversion mounting bracket for maximum cooling
- High quality stainless steel braided, teflon oil cooler lines with lightweight fittings
- Increase engine oil capacity by 1 litre allowing further cooling and protection
- Standard oil filter position retained (No messy remote oil filter setup required)
- Clears both standard and aftermarket headers
- StreetFighter Lifetime Warranty
StreetFighter Oil Pressure Monitoring Kit
- StreetFighter nGauge / Integrated dashboard mounted or suction cap mounted
- High accuracy oil pressure sensor
- Plug and play wiring kit
- Fitting instructions
Please contact 08 82999 998 or email@example.com for more details.